Breaks

XJReaper

Ladies and gentlemen. I found out something about calipers I was not aware of. I feel stupid but so no newbies feel like me. When you do your calipers on a xj always be sure to have the bleeder valve on the top.
Cost me an entire new brake system cause Hanes and Chilton don't mention anything and I'm not the brightest some times. Breaks are best ever. So always be sure to have the bleeder on on the top.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Don't be embarrassed. We all make mistakes when we are learning to DIY. At least others can learn from your experience.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Well I hope so that's why I posted it. So people can learn from my mistakes so they don't need to make them themselves.
But I appreciate the console. The jeep will be up for sale in a couple months.
Haha. Let it be known.
Lil joke. Have a good one.

Many have done the same thing, don't sweat it. Gotta learn somewhere. Important thing is you're not afraid to tackle these things yourself.

Thank you again. I have had to swap engine, transmission, t case, front and rear drive lines, front axles, rear axles, and all the normal stuff like starter, alternator, radiator, water pump...
It's always something and my off road beast is now my daily driver to work and home. No more playing in the mountains. Can't afford to fix it if it breaks.

It's always something and my off road beast is now my daily driver to work and home. No more playing in the mountains. Can't afford to fix it if it breaks.

That describes a lot of us. ..... and like most, I've made my share of dumb mistakes.

I put the calipers backwards on my rear axle (bleeders up, but calipers on the front of the axle instead of the rear).

Experience is one of the most important tools in the tool box. More is often learned through a mistake made and corrected than accidently getting it right the first time. You now know something new and have a great new tool in your box and the satisfaction of having done it yourself.

Back