Jeep Cherokee 2014 Trailhawk AC problem

ankitj84

I have a jeep cherokee 2014 Trailhawk 3.2L and I live in the UAE where the current temperature is 44 deg C.
My AC isn't working for last few months as the gas keeps blowing out of the safety valve.
So far I have replaced the compressor, expansion valve, safety valve, cooling fan assembly and sensor. Still the same issue persists. The mecahanics have given up and only option left is to take the car to the dealership who are going to steal away my life savings.

Any one can please help? I cannot keep on sending more money on this.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Is the grill free of dirt and mud?
Is the fan kicking on high when the ac kicks on?
Does the AC compressor cycle or just run constantly?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Is the grill free of dirt and mud?
Is the fan kicking on high when the ac kicks on?
Does the AC compressor cycle or just run constantly?

Grill is fine. Fan was changed so I'm guessing it should be fine. But recent update: I took the car to the dealership and they found the compressor clutch broker again. And they asked about USD 1300 to replace the compressor in order to continue further diagnosis. Price for Mopar compressor assembly is around USD 330. So I'm taking the car back from them and will try to get it fixed by private garage guys. I don't have any other option. But like you pointed, will check compressor operarion for sure. I guess it's not cycling but running constantly. May be a problem with the car computer???

I don't think the PCM has much to do with the HVAC. AC issues are usually solenoid, switch, gas pressure or condenser and/or fan.

Are they pulling a vacuum on the system before filling? Air or water will cause issues.
Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Yes they ensure full vacuum before filing and they've filled multiple times in my presence using the automated gas filling machine. Any other area I may have missed that you can think of?

Overfilling or wrong refrigerant?

I think that could be a possibility since so far I've been getting the gas filled by just one guy. I'll get that checked during the next visit, perhaps I'll go to a new mechanic. Thanks for pointing that out.
The thing to note is that the blowout happens after a while which means the pressure is building up in the system gradually. Perhaps wrong filing could indeed be a factor.

Back