Tail light problem

rodstiffler

My 2007 grand Cherokee has been having a problem with the rear driver side turn signal and the tail light on that side, they will not work while the head lights are on, any suggestions? I just changed the bulb when the brake light went out.

Ok
It is likely a bad contact at the light. Pull the bulb and check the contacts. It is likely the ground connection is bad at the light.
I believe you could lightly bend them to insure they touch. This is a common issue on Cherokee.

Just make sure you have the correct bulb and installed it correctly. I’v seen some put a single filament in or have it 180 deg out so the bulb terminals didn’t line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:

Ok
It is likely a bad contact at the light. Pull the bulb and check the contacts. It is likely the ground connection is bad at the light.
I believe you could lightly bend them to insure they touch. This is a common issue on Cherokee.

Just make sure you have the correct bulb and installed it correctly. I’v seen some put a single filament in or have it 180 deg out so the bulb terminals didn’t line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app
Thanks, I'll check that out

Back