2016 Grand Cherokee rear wiper

tntshaffer

Hi all, new (to me) owner of the above Jeep.

I noticed when trying to clear the rear windshield, the rear wiper will clean initially, miss the center completely, and clean towards end, thus leaving rain/dirt/snow/whatever remain obstructing view out the back. I thought it was the blade, so I changed it to no avail. Is there a spring or tensioner I should adjust or any other suggestions? TIA

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Are you changing the insert only or the blade assembly? There are blades made specifically for the rear and for flat vs curved glass.

IMG_3052.JPG

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Blade assembly, not whole arm. I would think if rear was curved, I would get the opposite result, no?
FYI, it was doing same thing before I changed the blade, so I’ll look to ensure it’s curved or not. If all else fails, it’s still under warranty, so I’ll have dealership look at it. Thanks!

After rereading I think I understand. I was thinking the middle being center of the blade. You mean middle of the travel across the window. Touching first and last part of swipe. Not touching in the middle of the swipe.
So look to see if the arm is all the way on.
Not sure how the arm comes off but fronts you flip up, then slide a clip and pull up. If it doesn’t seat the clip might not go back all the way snd it rides differently.

Back