Starting problem 2008 Grand Cherokee

WisconsinMike

3 months ago.....then. Month ago...then today....no start. Each time towed to my mechanics, left in lot.....mechanic comes out later ( an hour to 2 hours ) to tow into shop.....starts up. Mechanic checks over everything.....so...if the tow service can't start it at my house...but goes for a ride on the tow truck, then sits....awhile....it starts. Battery ok...Starter ok...computer says all is ok....after it starts.

Welcome to Jeepz.com WisconsinMike

1. If you let the Jeep sit in your driveway, does it eventually come back to life?
  2. When it won't start, what happens?
  3. Do the dash lights come on?
  4. Do you hear a "click" when you turn the key?

Welcome to Jeepz.com WisconsinMike

1. If you let the Jeep sit in your driveway, does it eventually come back to life?
  2. When it won't start, what happens?
  3. Do the dash lights come on?
  4. Do you hear a "click" when you turn the key?
No coming back to life. When it fails to start....have all lights on dash all outside lights radio etc...no click. Today after posting, put in neutral....started right up.....the tow drivers...who I am getting to know well, have tried this before and it did not start.

Thanks

If it starts in neutral or by moving the shifter near out of park. There is a NSS neutral safety switch on the transmission. It can be cleaned and adjusted.
As always i will tell you to clean the battery terminals connectors and the opposite ends of the power and grounds. By clean they should be shiny metal surfaces that touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Yrs ago I had a GMC work van with similar symptoms. Usually it would start back up in 10-15 minutes but then it died and wouldn't restart so I called a wrecker. When it got to the shop it started right up. After discussing it with the mechanic he decided to replace the distributor and that fixed the issue! Not saying that is your issue but something to check on.

As Jim said - it never hurts to clean all your connections!!

Back