2011 Jeep Liberty

ncgdean

When I leave my Liberty setting at night the battery drains over night. new battery, alternator checks good and as long as i'm driving it starts every time. next morning battery is completely dead. had 2 different shops check it. checked all fuses. removed radio and heated seat fuse.any suggestions? thanks

Geraldine

Anything electrical that's aftermarket? If you get desperate, you could take a photo of the fuse block (this might make replacing them easier), and perhaps try pulling all the fuses and see if it still happens.

Add pic of battery as connected.
Is it a union battery?

Checking for battery draw.
1.) disconnect negative cable from battery terminal.
2.) get a digital multi meter (DMM) that cam measure current greater than an amp. At least 10 A. Set the DMM to read current.
3.) Place a DMM (digital multi meter) from cable to terminal on the negative you disconnected in step 1.
4.) note the current reading. It should be below 50mA. Start pulling fuses one by one. After each fuse look for the current to drop dramatically. If it does not. Put the fuse back in. Go to the next fuse.

Find the fuse causing the draw and you found the area to look.
If not look back at battery main wiring and alternator.

Radios draw current for memory and lights when powered off. So seeing 20mA drop is normal.

Do you have anything hard wired to the battery or posts on the fuse box input power?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Back