Window Regulator Replacement

Wkushner1

2003 Liberty. Trying to replace front passenger window regulator. Window is stuck in up position so I can't access the mechanism to disengage it from the regulator. Could not force it down manually. Any suggestions?

I thought the glass had to be in the up position to access the motor/regulator ???
My stepson used to have a liberty [2002?] and he had issues with the plastic 'strap' that runs the regulator up and down - it would strip out.

Window regulators are a common issue. Need the window down to access the clips to disconnect the window from the regulator. In the up position they are inside the door and not accessible.

This help?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

That’s the clip I use for the repair but it assumes the window is down. Doesn’t offer any instruction if it’s up.

They mention pulling the clips wherever the window is.. Be sure to tape the window in place before Un clipping.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

The clips are not accessible when the window is up. I can find a half dozen instructional videos on how to replace the regulator and they all show it with the window down. I know the switch works because the window will move a fraction when I press it up or down.

Back