2007 Liberty Limited - IOD fuse location / ETC light is on and car won't start

Liberty Dog

Thanks so much - I've gotten really great help here before, so!
I've been disconnecting my battery periodically over the years to turn the check engine light off - also for a year or so, the 3 lights ABS, ESP, and Air bag lights come on intermittently when driving but they usually shut off by themselves, and the car drives 100 percent, so I haven't worried about that. Today I disconnected the battery twice in a row to see if it would shut of the 3 lights, and when I tried to start it, it wouldn't turn over and the ETC light came and stayed on (never seen it before).
My battery is charged up, too. I've seen a few threads online that referenced pulling the IOD switch for about 30 seconds to re-set the security (?) system which in turn solved the ETC light and starting issue. Could someone help me locate that IOD fuse? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Also, I saw a few people mention a grounding problem that caused this issue that was fixed by adding an additional ground wire to the negative battery terminal.
Any suggestions, and the location of the IOD fuse would be greatly appreciated. If it even has an IOD fuse!
I've disconnected the battery numerous times for various lengths of time and still nothing.
Thank you -
Pauly B

Pauly,
Is your Jeep throwing any codes? If so, what are they?

Back