2015 trailhawk front cv shaft boot help

daddy

Hi folks, new guy here. As title states have a '15 TH. The transmission side boot on the front drivers side axle is torn. I have done extensive searching, and ordered from an ebay seller whose description matched my jeep, only to get incorrect parts. This model has "offroad", or "firm" suspension, Not "standard" suspension, and the axle is necked down in the middle with different small side diameters for the boots. The only thing I can find is the entire mopar axle P52123739AC (AF,AB revised versions) for upwards of $500.00 on rock auto, and $800.00 from dealer, or a very expensive RCV upgrade part. I just need the boot, or a reasonably priced half shaft. I can find them all day for the standard models. If anyone has specific advice on this i would really appreciate it. Please don't respond if you don't have experience actually dealing with this model. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Drivetrain CV Half Shaft CV Joint Boot Parts | RockAuto

I don’t have experience on this model but there are three different mopar axels on rock auto for your year make model. Also at the bottom there is a drop down for associated parts. These are split boots. Never used them but they are there.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
I believe rock auto has the complete axle i need... for $591.00. Was really hoping someone had a less expensive solution. The split boots seem really sketchy, and like the others, the problem is the diameters of these axles are much bigger, like twice as big, and I dont think they will work.

In my experience on a Honda the OEM are speed balanced and cheaper aftermarket are not. So at 0-15 mph or there about you feel a vibration due to the imbalance. Not sure if it promotes any wear.

Agree on the split boot reliability. Never used one

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back