slow start

superj

now that the Cherokee is a back up vehicle, i don't think its happy. its giving me the normal clock spring issues again and now a slow start. it gets started about once a week so i didn't think i would be getting a slow start low battery issue but i guess there is more electronics in this jeep than our old 95 and 97 Cherokee. i could leave those sitting for longer periods of time and they always started.

i changed the clock spring about a year ago but i bought a cheap one, not an oem. just for future readers, this appears to be a part you want to pay a little more for

Like we tell everyone. Check your battery wiring and ground connections. Clean connections. Load test the battery.

Look for battery drain circuits. Max current should be less than 50 mA when the key is off.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

i think it was just the battery from sitting. i drove it around once each day since than and it starts normal. i just unhook the battery now since i do not know when it will get used again. i am going to put one of those solar battery deals on the dash just to keep the battery topped off. i m going to do that on my truck, also, since its not really driven a lot, either

Back