2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo cigarette lighter compartment

Maybe just called panel or lower panel with lighter?

Maybe just called panel or lower panel with lighter?

I tried that, everything I can think if doesn't work. I have no clue what that bottom console in center below AC controls is called.
I really need 1 or 2 12V plug(s) installed.
I've heard I need a 12v fuse wire connected in between the battery and 12ga wire and maybe have it go to dash fuse compartment so it only has power when car is on. Maybe a power switch.
But I genuinely need this fixed
Any help is very appreciated

Try here

B&I(R) - Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 2D Dash Kit

Or get part numbers from

Instrument Panel for 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee | Mopar Factory Parts

Call to verify fitment. Many times they want your vin to verify.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Is it just easier to have someone install a 12V outlet?
From what the previous owner said is that that section has wiring issues or something where if it was messed with more problems happened.
But I need a dascam and would like a phone charger.
I could remove the brown (microwave plate) they screwed to it and putty the holes.
I simply want an outlet so I can get a dashcam Rollin for saftey reasons and insurance claims. Drivers are crazy here, nearly every time I go out there is some drunk/drugged up guy swerving across lines in the city.

How hard is it to install a cigarette lighter outlet and maybe a couple USB ports?
I hear you need a wired fuse connected between car battery and main wires and that it needs a on off switch or to also be connected to a fuse box for the dash side so it doesn't stay on when car is off?
I'm no electrician but hoping someone here has done something similar, and knows how much it costs to get it installed by a place or DIY and where to get that done

Oh

Thought you wanted to replace the missing parts.

Easy to wire a cig lighter power.
If you want it off with the key find an open fuse that is on the acc side. Check your owners manual for fuse box(s) and open fuses.
Run power wire from there to center conductor on cig lighter . Run a wire from the outside body of the cig lighter to ground(body)

Other opportunity is to replace a acc fuse with one of these for power.
Image1656295077.968952.jpg

Image1656295288.755188.jpg

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Back