2008 Grand Cherokee - rear passenger side door lock sticking!!

rockandroller

Is this a common thing with the GK? I did a forum search but mostly found lock issues with other models.
Something in the mechanism seems to be worrn, broken, or slipped, as the solinoid is not able to "quite" push the door lock pull all the way up.
Of course it's awkward as heck reaching that lock from the passenger front seat area.
And even sitting in the back, it's hit or miss getting the thing to unlock by pulling on the stem.

Anybody here had to fix this before? :???:
Every time I contemplate pulling the door panel on a car, I think about how I probably need to get a bag of those little plastic clips to replace the ones that will inevitably break during disassembly...

New plastic clips, and the right removal tool would make that job quite a bit better.
I don't know what the problem is, but I'd bet it is something in the door itself. Maybe a bad actuator, or a bent rod.

Id trace the wires and check the connectors. Open one connector and measure the voltage signal to body ground. It could be voltage drop from oxidation or a broken wire. If the window was left open during rain it could be the motor itself.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Thanks for the tips!! I'm gonna have to visit rockauto (or maybe ebay) and look for some clips. Come to think of it, I need some for my PT Cruiser too ( the Jeep is my wife's car) :)

Back