Sudden Loss OF POWER

mikeyost

I have a 1988 jeep Cherokee which I have done tons of work to; so far I have replaced the following

Transmission
front and rear driveshafts
clutch
pressure plate
transfer case
alternator
gas tank
fan belt
and finally I just replaced the FUEL FILTER because I thought that might just be the reason of the loss of power, but the problem continues
what it does is when I keep the cherokee at a steady speed or even accelerate it seems to lug for like a second it basically shakes as it moves, to me it sounds like insufficient gas getting to the engine for maybe a second, sometime this problem goes away for like an hour but it does this when the engine is cold or hot, have any ideas? I hope it’s not the fuel pump

Please HELP ME!
:-( [addsig]

I second that, check the TPS. Don't assume it's good by just measuring the voltage at no throttle and WOT, test it through its entire range.

-Nick[addsig]

I had the same problem. The problem was that the fuel was being restricted somewhere between the tank and the injectors. I changed my fuel filter to fix the problem, but I see you have already done that. Maybe your fuel lines or injectors are clogged.

Matt
1991 Jeep Cherokee [addsig]

TPS SESNOR, i'll check that out in the goold old Haynes book, hopefully that will let me know where that is.

their possibly could be a restriction in the fuel lines , but you would think if their was a restriction it would be a constant restriction because it comes and goes.

could this still possibly be the fuel pump or dirty fuel injectors?
would it even be worth buying the fuel injection cleaner because me poor right now

thx[addsig]

Back