Diagnostic Codes

dibabeedi

hi there! a while ago, some kind soul posted a listing of diagnostic codes for the Jeep and I cannot find the post anylonger. Can someone point me in the right direction???

OR

THIS is my problem.......2 months ago, I had a problem with my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee "dropping hard" into/out of gear while idling at a traffic light or stop sign. After a week long visit at the shop, it was determined that the rear drive shaft had "failed" and was replaced. My Jeep has run beautifully since , until this morning..............upon accelerating onto the highway on my way to work, I noticed that first to second gear created a noticeable CLUNK, then smooth shifting , then I noticed that my tach was staying at 3000 RPM with no drop to the 2000 to 2500 level which is normal when Im at cruising speed. THEN, my nemesis , the CHECK ENGINE light came on. When I got to work, I ran the self diagnostic and I got a code P0700.

can anyone help? or provide me with the link that was previously posted for the diagnostic codes and their meaning??

:cry:

thank you soo soo much, im about to pull my HAIR out with this Jeep

Welcome Di... Terry (the creator of Jeepz) just did a major make over of the message board. I'm having trouble accessing past posts, but I'msure it will all be up and runnng soon. I'll post a link here as soon as I can.
Welcome to the board, I know you'll find all the answers to your questions here, and I hope you'll also offer up some input. We ALL need help once in awhile.

Rob 8) :p :)

That is an OBD-II system. The codes listed before, I believe were for the OBD-I Jeep systems. The codes are pretty much universal for any OBD-II system out there. You would use up Pages of space listing all the OBD-II codes.

Here's the definition you need:
Code "P0700 - Transmission Control System Malfunction"

I'd take a look at any electronic sensors or computer associated with the transmission. Sorry I can't be more help, I drive a stick :p :)

Hope that helps
-Nick :!:

thank you so much for your help, i appreciate it!!!

i have a 28 mile drive to my dealer, think i'll be ok driving it ? it will be in houston rush hour so its doubtful i'll get over 50 mph the whole way

write down whatever codes are flashing... then go to your local auto parts store and look through a haynes manual to find the codes. now its just a matter of getting it fixed once you figure out whats wrong...

Back