Antifreeze overheat.

limbmkr

Need help with cherokee sport brakes

Howdy yall,

Remember I will be back! *SMILE* Changed the valve cover gasket went smooth! Now I changed the thermostat and The old ones shows 195 degree I went to Napa and bought me a 180 degree ones and dont need to be that HOT! Installed it fits in nicely.. Put brand new half n half Antifreeze the new kinds that is an Orange. I let it idle for a while to check for leaks and Inside the jeep the temp shows over 210 degree and was gonna climb to Red zone. I shut it off cuz the Antifreeze tank were vomiting, It didnt show any sign of cooling abit at all, so Now what did I do? I am curious if Thermostat might be defective? or what else you guys wanna suggest.

Thanks for your time!!!

I would start with the thermostat...and then we can see if it's that if not let us know....:)

Alrighty will do that tomorrow when Part store is open it sucks they close at 6pm!!! Lot of people said air pocket can cause that problem!! I park up hill and ran it and it still vomiting and park down hill and it does the same thing!!!

Thanks I think it s a thermostat.

Howdy yall again!!

What a weekend I went thru last weekend, I decided to buy me another thermostat and replaced the new ones I just installed, It works out really well!!! *SMILE* The First new thermostat were stuck and I pushed it with screw driver and boy it was really stuck until I pressed it and finally got it loosed!! but I decided not to put that back and put the ones I bought a new 2nd ones and made sure cap opening with spring relflexes smoothly and Yep it does works really good!!, Replaced Distributor cap, distributor rotator (inside part in distributor cap) Replace spark plugs, spark wires Valve gasket, Everything now works super!! Oil quits leaking for a week I have been driving it for a whole week so far! KNOCKING ON WOOD!! I can feel the more power than before!!

Gonna post my next project under new topic see you there..

Brian

I am glad all is going well what are the new updates ???? Good LUCK....:) :) :) :)

Back