Cherokee sport??

Joopin

Super Moderator
Hey there,
I don't usually ask anything in this part of the board but I now have an XJ D44 for my YJ so I have some questions...
I went to pick up the D44 at the junkyard and I noticed that it was a "Cherokee Sport". I was wondering what differences the sport had and if any of them had to do with the rear D44. (To tell you the truth I was hoping maybe it would be a limited slip.) Oh and it was an 89 XJ... 4.0 I think... Any thoughts? Thanks.

I believe only the "sport" models came with Dana 44s. Also, I think most sports were 2-door models. Not sure about any other relations to the Dana 44.

-Nick :!:

Tugly took a Dump!

Okay thanks, it was a 2 door, and I have the D44 so I guess that explains it. Thanks for the info!

I have a 99 4 door Sport,auto. How do I tell if its a DANA? Only thing I can see on it is a Penastar..

99 won't have a Dana 44. Either Dana 35 or a 8.25. Unless swapped in.

Sport is just a trim package and has nothing to do with the axles. SE was base, then Sport then Country. Few others were thrown in throughout the years. My 97 is a 4 door Sport and HAD a D35 but had cruise, pw,pl, tilt and power seats. Some of those are rare for a Sport. The D44 came with the tow package in the 87-89 models didn't matter what trim package or how many doors.

Back