what size tires on standard rims?

Cherokee_MZ

hey folks...
ive been a member of the board for a few months now, but this last wekend i finally got my long awaited first jeep. Its a 95 cherokee sport with 4x4 and the I6 4.0 high output. I'm thinking of startig offby getting a 2 ich spacer lift and some new tires, then when i get the money I'll buy a real lift... my question is .. what size tires can i reasonably fit with the standard rims?

thanks in advance for the help,
MAtt

thanx mujaman
and to everyone else.... the deal is i don't have a lift yet and i want to fit some 30's underneith it i just want to know if my stock XJ rims will be the right size for a 30 inch tire

You can go as high on the rims as you wish long as it is a 15" tire and will fit under the wheel wells. The problem is how wide you wish to to go on a standard with wheel. 30's will be no problem as best that I can tell. Good Luck tug

FIRST OFF DONT GET THOSE SPACERS THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY.YOU MINE AS WELL BREAK DOWN AND GET A LIFT ,AT LEAST YOU NO IT WONT MUSHROON CRACK OR ANYTHING.YOU CAN FIND ONE ON WWW.SUSPENSIONCONNECTION.COM I SEEN IT FOR ABOUT 250 FOR A 3.5''.SECOND OFF THE LARGEST TIRES YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO INSTALL ON A 15X7 STOCK RIM WOULD BE A 235 75 R15.WHERE IT IS AT NOW IT WOULDNT BE WISE TO PUT LARGER TIRES ON IT,THEY WILL RUB ,TURNING WILL BE EFFECTED AND YOU GET UNUSUAL PROBLEMS
image-missing.png

Back