what size tires

Cherokee_MZ

ok, after about one month of inquiring how much lifts will cost and all that shit... I have "re-estimated" my budget, and decided that since my Cherokee alread kicks ass offraod without a lift and just some radial terrains(thats what i bought it with) I will not buy a lift. However, my tires are becoming thread bare. Therefore, I want to buy new AT tires(probably Kumho), but i wanted to know what size I should get. I am not looking to get 30's because they will fill my wheel well, and that means no travel, so I want something that is larger then standard but will still give me a little travel when offroading.

Thanks a lot and keep on wavin',
Matt

take it easy on the tires you have now and just keep saving up for a lift... its worth it. you could get into a complete 3" lift kit for a little over 200, which isn't bad at all. i would definitely go ahead and put a lift on before i bought an entire new set of tires... because then you're gonna be stuck with those tires for atleast 20-30k miles (definitely atleast 2 years or so). so get a lift, then save a little more, and buy some REAL tires (30" atleast).

Nice colorful language :roll: You'll need some lift to clear anything larger than 225's (28") so I'd say go with a 3" lift kit. Check out www.rustysoffroad.com for inexpensive kits. You can piece one together, I used Rusty's 3" coils for $99 and 2" lift blocks in the rear for about $40 from www.jcw.com . Then add longer shackles in the rear for another 1".

Click HERE and you can check out Rusty's 3" kit for $245 that includes shocks :twisted:

thanks for the info, but once again... Im not gonna lift as of yet(when i do ill get 3o's or 31's)

i had 235/75 r15's on mine and had no clearence problems.I know if you put 31's on it they will rub and steering will be affected because you wont have the same turning radius.if you have leaf springs on it you can go the cheaper route and get lifting blocks from a parts store.if the front coils you need to get longer springs.nothing else.if yougo with coil overs,coil spring spacers ect than you will end up having to repair or replace them shortly after.you can find some cheap kits at www.suspensionconnection.com

i also wanted to post this for ya,Jeep 1987-01 Cherokee 4wd 3.5" EZ-Ride suspension lift kit part # 438003Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension's Jeep lift kits are more than your average lift kit. All lift kits are engineered to give the highest quality & best value on the market. Compare components of a Tuff Country lift kit to that of other manufactures and you will be convince that nothing beats a Tuff Country suspension lift kit. Many others cut corners with inferior components or lack of many important pieces. Tuff Country does not cut those corners and provides a quality complete system engineered to give the best ride quality and durability money can buy. All Tuff Country lift kits & leveling kits are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Tuff Country's Jeep Cherokee lift kits includes "EZ-Ride" coil springs for a comfortable ride without sacrificing off-road performance.
EZ-Ride front coil springs gives a comfortable ride
New lower control arms with poly bushings
Track bar relocating bracket
Great on & off-road performance
Transfer case drop kit included
Allows use of 31" x 10.5" tires

Tech Specs:

Average Install Time: 5 to 7 hours
Recommended Tire Size: 31" x 10.5"

I have it on mine and it was easy and cheap.Ride is really nice and the most i had to sppend was on tires and rims

Back