1995 ZJ Alarm

sudsmaster

1995 ZJ Power Seat

Well me Jeep is about to drive me crazy! The alarm goes off all the time when I lock the door and I do not know how to fix it. There are sensors that detect if the door is open on the liftgate, hood, and doors but when im driving the information center does not show that they are bad by giving a false reading. Does anyone know how I could fix this w/o causing more trouble than im actually in. Also I was wanting to know if there is anyway to disable the alarm? All advise will be appreciated!

Dude. I had the same problem. But I was too lazy to figure out how to disable the bastard!

The only thing that was bothering me about the alarm was the noise itself, so all I did was cut the wire leading to the Horn/Siren. So, I still have the security, but not the embarrassment of sounding the alarm off everytime I shut my door. (Make sure your alarm uses a separate horn than your traffic horn-of course.)

Then, you can figure out how to do it right later. FYI, everyone I asked the same question told me to get a pro to disconnect it. :?

Re: [[[ooooooppppppssss]]]

You need to replace the Security Alarm Switch which is located in the door panel. This will stop the alarm from going off when you lock/unlock it.

Back