ques about 2000 Grand Cherokee

88WRANGRED

how hard is it to change a Cam Sensor and a Quadrant seal? My g/f brought her car in this morning to the stealership and.....$$$$$ pay up sucker. they told her that the jeep is gonna quit on her is she doesnt' get this work done right away. What do i do?

Not to give a short answer. Spend the money for a good haynes manual and it will pay for itself that day if you do a repair. I was so not going to read the directions then I broke down and got one. It is like "a light from above" I am betting it is an ez fix I just do not have any idea how to. Good luck tug

Cam sensor is easy, as most sensors are. Don't know what a quadrant seal is, almost sounds like the stealership told her the blinker fluid was low :roll:

Easy DIY, with a manual or an experienced buddy. Befriend local jeepers in your area, it's worth it.

Hmmm... are we talking about a cherokee? If so, the CAM position sensor in inside the distributor (it's a coil type sensor). Shouldn't be too hard to do...

I'd recommend a subscription to Alldata at http://www.alldatadiy.com/ it is a very complete information source... Haynes is only my second choice...

thanks for the replys, but my g/f lives in mass and i live in Ct so that is out of the question. mind you she bought this GC on Oct 1st, and her 60day dealership just ran out. she called the place where she bought it 1hr from her house and they said to bring them the jeep. she brought it there last night and are extending her warranty and doing all the work for $100 . the other dealership was gonna charge her $700. thanks for your help.

XJNick said:
Hmmm... are we talking about a cherokee? If so, the CAM position sensor in inside the distributor (it's a coil type sensor). Shouldn't be too hard to do...

I'd recommend a subscription to Alldata at http://www.alldatadiy.com/ it is a very complete information source... Haynes is only my second choice...

alldata? be aware that the data they provide is incomplete and not what they provide to the mechanics that have the professional subscription. I'd get a haynes manual.

graewulf said:
XJNick said:

alldata? be aware that the data they provide is incomplete and not what they provide to the mechanics that have the professional subscription. I'd get a haynes manual.

Yes but the wiring schematics in the Haynes manual are a joke and are incomplete, Haynes doesn't even touch on MANY aspects of fixing a Jeep (primarily in electrical, HVAC system, etc...)

I guess it is just a matter of opinion... most of the time Alldata has been a huge help and good source of info to me while the Haynes manual has only provided me with a flat surface to set loose bolts on :p

-Nick :!:

Back