2003 Jeep Liberty windshield wiper pump problems............

Dana3563

:roll: I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport. Anyone hear of a problem with these vehicles and the windshield wiper pump freezing and needing to be replaced? My wiper fluid keeps freezing and then my pump froze and now the whole thing needs to go. Under warranty of course, but I'm really upset b/c I've only had the dealer work on the truck, so to the extent they used cheap or a water based wiper fluid...it was the dealer who put it in. All comments welcomed. Thanks.

prolly do it to save a few bucks...water down a gallon of fluid to put in 4 differnt jeeps. stealership saving money

i'd make them drain & replace the fluid... that stuff is designed not to freeze till well below 0

Not Jeep related, but my mom's Sebring did the same thing... She got it back from the dealership, and headed up north to Harbor Springs, by the time I made it up there 2 days later, her wiper tank was completely full of slush, and would not spray... Pump was OK, I ended up being able to get it all up again by stirring it up like crazy... Methinks the friendly Chrysler-Jeep dealerships are being a little generous with the water in the fluid... It was only 2 degrees up there, that stuff's supposed to be good to like -20 at least....

Increased power modifications

i know most dealerships use washer concentrate and if they use too much water it will freeze up. make sure they don't water it down too much this time around.

Back