Paint Codes

90Xjay

I took my 90 XJ in today to get painted and we were trying to find the paint code. We looked in the obvious places like door post and glove box.
Do any of you know where they would be? Not a big issue, we found a very close match in his book but I would like to know if possible.

syncromesh transmission fluid?

Hmmm... I don't know where that code might be.

When I got mine re-painted, I just aimed for a color close to original maroon for the bottom and I don't see much difference betwwen it and stock. Before anyone gets smart, Yes I do have a two-colored Jeep :p :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

89 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4 Sale: New engine, and more! Pics!

yep, going back as close to original as I can on the maroon paint. I thought long about a color change, but with maroon interior, it was going to be tough to pull off. Plus you have the door jambs, etc to deal with when you change colors. I am going to hold off on striping for a few weeks till I find something different that I like. If the weather stays decent here in Texas, I should have er back by Friday, then I can drive it home, pull it straight into the garage and drool on it for 2 weeks. :lol:

I'm not precisely sure, but I heard somewhere that the paint code is written in as part of the VIN number...

I'm not precisely sure, but I heard somewhere that the paint code is written in as part of the VIN number...

headliner?

Saurian said:

yeah i'm pretty sure he's right. most cars list the original color of the car as part of the vin number. problem is, its a code for the manufacturer, so its in there, you just need to find a list somewhere of which numbers/letters from the vin represent your color, and then which color it is that they represent.

not sure where you would find that, my dad restored an old 68 camaro, so he had a book for all that stuff, and thats how we found the paint code. happy hunting!

i work for a dealer so if you want to pm me or post up your vin number i can pull up the paint code in my system at work. you can also stop at a dealer out by you. any parts dept. can do it for you.

Back