1993 Grand Cherokee Lift-bumper-mod questions

White

Steering bar for dana 44....

OK, so a friend bought a GC. As much as I hate it ohhhh well .... :)

Questions- whats the best lift (expecting alot of opinions )
He wants to fit 31s

Has anyone made there own winch bumper ?
I looked, and it does not seem to have much metal under all the styrofoam.... I have seen the arb's and we will most likely copy that design.

As for the rear, Iam thinking of a swing away like the yj to hold the spare.
Or another roof rack ......

Anyone install a York ? If I can convince him to ditch the a/c .

Thats about it for now, But Iam sure there will be more to come.

As soon as I can get a new digital I will post some pics .......
Alot of projects going- Guess jeepers would not care to see chevy mods, but the rear bumper on that is almost done.....

well considering that 30's will fit on a stick GC, a 2" coil spacer lift will do nicely for 31's....

graewulf said:
well considering that 30's will fit on a stick GC, a 2" coil spacer lift will do nicely for 31's....

i thought i saw in a previous thread in this forum that i started that 31's could fit in a stock grand cherokee? (zj-96) without rubbing and problems.

there are kits out there... 4 coil spacers & shocks for under $200 (this is what i'll be doing when i have the $$$)... yes, you can fit 31's, and no, they will rub.. i rub my 30x9.5's but only at full lock & stuffed... not really a problem, and not a hard rub.

The Grand Cherokee has a saddan AC compressor right?

Drain the system, get all the fittings, and go to www.onboardair.com and get the re-oiling kit for these compressors, and instant OBA! of course you will loose the AC but thats why the windows go down!

Hi,

Be sure to have the A/C system Properly discharged with recovery equipment BEFORE doing any work on it or loosening any fittings, as the A/C system is under high pressure!

-Nick :!:

Opinions on body lift

Don't worry , Iam a A/C workin Fool :)

Went wheeling today PICS

that looks real good so far white. let me know how much it ends up costing, maybe i'll hire you to do mine instead of paying ARB for theirs. :wink:

ps - or maybe not....where are you located?

Just out of curiosity, who bought the GC anyways? Obviously not a chevy man like you!

"Speedy" He bought it after riding in one. Thought it was the best riding Jeep. I hope to get him up to PAP soon.
We call him speedy because he's like 4'5" and moves like a hummingbird.
Also after many speeding tickets :)

I paid about $400 for a set of four springs and a rear trackbar bracket from Teraflex. It went together easily enough and has held up well. I'm running 31's and all I had to do was trim the front bumper to allow turning. The one thing I didn't care for was that there was some guesswork involved with restting the front trackbar. I've heard of adjustable ones and would recommend finding one if you have the cash. I also had to get longer shocks, cant remember the cost though. If $400 sounds a bit much there's a kit from Old Man Emu that uses your rear springs in the front, thataway you only need to buy new for the rear,, I know it saves bucks but I dunno how well it performs and whatnot.

Back