Information on 87' Cherokee

tmsloan

Guys yesterday while I was wiring up my off-road lamps on my roof rack I had the dash apart to install my toggle switch and I noticed a yellow box under my dash on the driver side it had ACM and the logo on it and it looked like a cpu but I though the cpu controls were on the passenger side? Any-one with some insite on this advise it has 2 or 3 adjustment scews that you use a flat head to turn? I'm not much up on the wiring and such on this year so throw me some advise almighty Jeep Gods :lol:

Hi,

The yellow box you speak of with AMC imprinted on it is your Cruise Control unit. The adjustment screws are Potentiometers that you can use to adjust things like delay and system sensitivity, etc... something you DON'T want to mess with unless you have to.

The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) aka computer for the Jeep in located just to the right of the steering column at the inside of the firewall. It is a large rectangular, silver colored box with the word "BENDIX" engraved on it. This is because like all early XJs, yours has the Bendix/Renix (brand) Fenix II (model) computer system (OBD-I style). Probably more info than you needed :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

XJNick said:
Hi,

The yellow box you speak of with AMC imprinted on it is your Cruise Control unit. The adjustment screws are Potentiometers that you can use to adjust things like delay and system sensitivity, etc... something you DON'T want to mess with unless you have to.

The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) aka computer for the Jeep in located just to the right of the steering column at the inside of the firewall. It is a large rectangular, silver colored box with the word "BENDIX" engraved on it. This is because like all early XJs, yours has the Bendix/Renix (brand) Fenix II (model) computer system (OBD-I style). Probably more info than you needed :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:
Like I said Nick I no longer need a manual! Thanks my friend and the info on the cpu was gonna be my next post? It's strange the (ESP) thing you got going on. I'm glad you gave me a little insite cause I would have rambled around under the passenger side all day looking for that blasted cpu unit.

Back