Window Switches on 99 Cherokee Sport

darin3084

can these axles cut it?

Hi, everybody. This is my first time posting. I was wondering if perhaps somebody could lead me in a proper direction. On my 99' Cherokee Sport I just replaced the driver's and pass door wiring harness. Door locks, windows and mirrors were acting up and driver's speaker was out. It fixed everything but the window problem. All power windows work from the driver's door switches, but the window switches in the back doors and pass door do not work from their respective positions. On pass. side the light in the window swtich is intermittant, but makes no difference as the switch never works. I did a search of past posting to find info but came up dry.
Darin

Kletus needs a gun.

Hi, and welcome to the board :mrgreen:

There is a switch on the master (driver's side) window switch module that can lock out the other three switches. Maybe yours is stuck and causing them to remain "locked" and not function.

Another possibility is that there is a plug or connection in the harness from the driver's side switch to the others that is causing problems due to corrosion, etc.

-Nick :!:

Rough Idle?

Mine will do the same thing on my 2000 XJ. I've noticed that when I push the Window Lock button, the power mirror switch flickers like crazy, and when I pop the button back off, it sometimes will not reactivate the other windows. Maybe a short or something in the drivers side at that button? I have not looked at it that closely...

I have the same problem. I took apart the drivers side door to get to the module that controls all four windows. I couldnt get the box completely apart but when prying it open a crack, i discovered that the circut board inside was cracked. I tried to reset the fractured board and reassembeled the whole thing and it worked fine... for about a day. I did some research on getting a new window control module and they are supprisingly expensive. About $140 bucks. So I am going to put up with the problem.

Back