Need some opinions

L33TJ33P

I had an offer today. 87 XJ for sale

Engine runs good
everything else works
Stearing colom has been broken into

$500 bucks

gunna go look at it Tomorrow I think

What do you all think?? I will get some pics.

TUG!!!! I may have found an XJ for you.

I think $500 is a better deal than I got on mine! Come to think of it, $500 is a deal on just about anything that is in decent running condition. Sounds to me like if it checks out ok, it's a no-brainer! Take the thing for a ride, then come to a stop and put it in 4wd. When you move forward with the wheel turned all the way the front end should hop and the wheel should jerk in your hands if the 4wd works.

Which engine?

Check the tag on the transfer case, it could be either the 207 or 231, with the 231 being the most desirable.

Sounds worth it to me.

I've got a line on an '88 Commanche, 4.0L, 4wd, shortbed, sunroof, 210K. Needs a new auto transmission. $150, just waiting on the title to come available.

I will say that the 2.8 V6, if it is similar to the old Chevy 2.8L, is a real P.O.Chit!

TwistedCopper,
it is very simular b/c its the same engine!!! :mrgreen:

L33TJ33P,
i dont know if i would pass if everything else is in good shape ut be forewarned it is a troublesome engine

I guess if it is running good after all this time, maybe someone figured a way to get that POS running healthy. It's just that I had a Blazer with the 2.8L and it was the motor from HELL. Even with that motor it would have to have alot of stuff wrong with it to pass it up for a mere $500.

There's a jeeper near here that runs a 2.8L XJ on 33" tires and he does okay, but has to mess with the engine a lot. Primarily carb problems, but those engines are known for their short lives.

GM Performance makes a bolt in 3.4L replacement.

WOOHOO I-6 4.0 Chrokee Pioneer Edition. Going to look at it at noon. May have a new Jeep to camo Tomorrow.

Alright, went and saw it today. The colom was broken off so that whomever could steal it LOL

I looked at the frame "without crawling on the ground" and didn't spot any rust or whatnot. It has Baby Blue Shag carpet inside ACK but that can be ripped out LOL. Engine has light layer of oil on it but for an 87 that is normal.

I think I am going to do it as soon as he recieves his title and has it clear to sign over to me.

Thanks for all the help

Now I gotta figure out how to make it fit 31's without a 3.5" lift LOL. I am not used to having something that needs a lift to clear 31'S.

I know it isn't hot because it was stolen from him and returned to him by the cops. he is an old friend. the title is being mailed from his parents. they had the title in Virginia and he took the Jeep to Atlanta then they moved to Conn. without changing the title. it is all a big mess that he has been working on cleaning up.

What a deal. I'd take it, shag carpet and all. Check to see if it has the Dana 44 rear. 87 I believe was the most popular year for that, although still rare.

Hi,

The 1987 model year was the first cherokee model year to use the 4.0L Inline 6 engine. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

WOOHOO New Jeep for me.

Title is in the mail. She be Mine befor next week.

87 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer
I-6
Auto (BAD) but fine for now.
White (Will be Camo VERY soon)
Trailor rig?? Possibly :-D

Re: XJ slip Yoke question

Good deal! A 2 Jeep man now! I wish I had your money lol

Back