1997 Cherokee OBDII Code -Need Advice Please!

bajarick

Hi everyone!

Recently I had the engine light illuminate on my 1997 4.0L Cherokee 4X4. I pulled the code. P0705; transmission range sensor circuit malfunction (PRNDL).

Normally I can find diagrams, pictures, links, advice, step by step instructions on how to fix anything from the internet, but when I Googled the key words I struck out. I got the code definition but not much else.

So I am asking for your help, I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I am reluctant to do anything without direction.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Bajarick

get the FSM for the '00 XJ from my signature... good first place to start.

Hi,

It sounds like the sensor/switch will need to be cleaned or replaced. Unfortionately, I don't own any Jeeps with automatic transmissions, so I don't have too much experience with them.

A Haynes manual, although rather crappy, is still a good resource to begin getting info about your Jeep. Also, autozone offers a subscription-based online service called Alldata ( http://www.alldatadiy.com/ ) which I've found to be an excellent source for factory service manual information plus more. Most importantly, they have complete electrical schematics :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Back