4.0 liter performance

Opening up the intake side of the motor, with a high flow air filter, and a larger diameter throttle body, from what I´ve heard, seems to be the biggest bang for the buck.
Exhaust is often said to be OK as is, but a somewhat better flowing exhaust set up, is said to help mid to high range acceleration some, but said to do little for very low end grunt/torque.
From personal experience, getting what you have, to run really well, is the largest HP gain. A good tune up, the sensors working within tolerances and servieable/clean vacume lines. Seem to offer immediate improvements.
Cleaning the grounds for my electrical system, offered more noticeable HP gains, than changeing to a high flow air filter.

MudderChuck said:
From personal experience, getting what you have, to run really well, is the largest HP gain. A good tune up, the sensors working within tolerances and servieable/clean vacume lines. Seem to offer immediate improvements.
Cleaning the grounds for my electrical system, offered more noticeable HP gains, than changeing to a high flow air filter.

TOTALLY TRUE. Eletrical and normal maintenance to vacuum lines etc. is more important than one may expect. The difference for me was astonishing.

The bored out throttle body and spacer is my next mod (after I paint the Junk) sooo....we'll see.

The consensus seems to be that gears are the most noticable difference. And from experience, I must concur. After going from stock to 4.56, it's like a new truck.

Back