Biggest tires on a '89 Laredo..?

TheMonk

Hello....I'm new here.
Just wondering....I want to put the biggest tires on to my '89 Laredo without having to lift it. Does anyone here know what that size might be? Thanks.

225/75R15 without any rubbing. 30"x9.5" will rub during turns and when the axles compress.

235/75R15 would fit with no lift. Was that a typo Bounty???

You could do a 2" budget lift that could be installed in a few hours for around $200 or less if you want to better clear 30" tires.

No ZJs were made in 89. But in 93 when the ZJ came out, the Laredo was available if I'm not mistaken.

Do any of you have any preference in brands...? I need mostly road w/ some off road driving. I have always liked BF Goodrich...but am open to suggestions.

Okay. The XJ came out in 84, the ZJ in 93.

Best bet for good all around tire would be (I'm gonna list as many as I can from each manufacturer):

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO (Long lasting)
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo (Awesome.)
Cooper Discoverer S/T ( I ran these, VERY good all around, but snow is so-so)
Interco Super Swamper TrXus STS Radials (Pretty good, until your'e above 33", then it is noisy)
Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip (I might get these, they look promising)
M/T Baja Claw RADIAL (Might get these as well)
GoodYear MT/R (Hey, if they are good enuff for a Rubicon, they are good enuff for an XJ/ZJ)
Firestone Destination (Not sure on this, but heard its ok)

For those who are on a tight budget, I strongly recommend the Futura Dakota tires from Pep Boys. I used all the Futura products, and they definitely don't disappoint.

If I had a 89 Laredo, I would try running some 235/75R15 BFG AT KO or some Dakotas (with no lift).

full width axles

Hell, you could put some 44's on them there jeeps with out a lift! My best friends friend of a friends cousin did it! No rubbing, Had to trim the fenders little tho!

Yee Haw!

Honestly I would invest in a budget lift first then address you tires!

Hell, you could put some 44's on them there jeeps with out a lift! My best friends friend of a friends cousin did it! No rubbing, Had to trim the fenders little tho!

Yee Haw!

Yeah, and Mingez did it to his surrey!!!

Back