tools for lifting

suthrn98

RE: Re: RE: Help!! I think she might blow!!!!

I know i will need a jack and some stands, but does anyone know right off hand what size sockets and wrenches and everything I will need to put the spacers on my ZJ? I will be geting them tomorrow, and need to know what to take to work with me so i can do it while at work.

These things standard or metric.

i put that same lift in my zj, but sorry i cant remember which size sockets i used. jeep is notorious for using both standard and metric sizes, so make sure you have both, but like i said i cant remember which i used underneath. you might want to see if you can get your hands on a set of spring compressors, as much of a pain as they are to use, they'll make your job that much easier....really....they will. good luck.

RE: Cherokee cold starting questions.

Start spraying all the bolts you'll be removing with PB Blaster like 4 days ago. Spray daily.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Start spraying all the bolts you'll be removing with PB Blaster like 4 days ago. Spray daily.

Just when you think you have sprayed it enough spray it more and they get serious about the PB Blaster use! tug

Bounty__Hunter said:
ha, yeah that slipped my mind too, about a week ago is a good time to start now that i've finally replied....

RE: Propane Tank question

Hi,

Jeep definately uses a combo of metric and standard sizes. Which ones, I don't remember. What I do remember is fighting with the leaf spring eye bolts forever before they would release. As Tug and Bounty said, you'll probably want lots of PB-Blaster (which is far better than WD-40).

-Nick :!:

well i dont it yesterday. The only thing I had to unbolt was the shocks and swaybar up front. I got some strut spring compressors from AutoZone and doen it. It was cake. I didnt want to pull off everything like I had to on my cherokee, but its done, and I ain't hapy with it, I don't lok hardly any different.

Those are the few bolts that I have not gotten to catagorizing yet, so I couldn't have helped you... I got bored once, so every time I took a bolt off, I wrote down what kind of wrench I needed, makes it much more efficient than hunting through the toolbox... That was during the serpentine belt, spark plug, oil change, differential, transfer case, and throttle body maintanance...

So what happened with the lift? I know not of lifts, but sounds like something didn't happen the way that it was supposed to with yours...

RE: Re: tools for lifting

suthrn98 said:
I ain't hapy with it, I don't lok hardly any different.

Was it a 2" kit? It may not seem like a big difference, but four 2" coil spacers will definately give you a true 2" of lift. You should at least have some more room for flex now or some room for a little bigger tire. If you did it for looks more than articulation room put some bigger tires on her - it'll look better ;)

RE: Kazza Lite a pay site???

well its on my wifes zj. it was mainly for looks and just a tad bit more extra ground clearance. It does actually look 4 wheel drive now. We are going to put some 31x10.50s on it

suthrn98 said:
well its on my wifes zj. it was mainly for looks and just a tad bit more extra ground clearance. It does actually look 4 wheel drive now. We are going to put some 31x10.50s on it
the tires will make the more noticeable difference. when i put the 2" bb in my zj, it was about a week before the tires came in and i put those on, the difference between stock and 2" was not as big as it was between stock tires and 31's. so don't worry, it will get better.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: so if i add..

suthrn98 said:
bchcky did you get bigger or different wheels too? Or will the 31x10.50s fit on the stock rims?
BostonJeep said:
they'll fit.
yes, but BostonJeep is also correct. i bought 15x8 cragar 397 wheels off of www.quadratec.com and got 5 shipped to my door for less than $170. they're black, nothing fancy, but you can ding them up on the trail and they're very cheap to replace. and i like the way that they look. i did have to trim a little bit inside the wheel well on the 15x8's, so i'd imagine you might run into the same problem with the stock wheels as the tires themselves might bulge a little bit more.

but to answer your original question, yes i did get new wheels, but no they are not necessary.

still need help on axles

hey man thanks for putting me on that website. i think I might get the same ones but in chrome. They are for my wife, and she had a ranger with he NASCAR theme with black wheels and yellow writing on tires, and she don't want black no more. But the chrome ones are only like 45 a piece.

Back