Transmission Problems

MYTMO

Re: RE: Re: RE: News Updates.......

I'm new to this board after just stumping accross it.... find it to be qiute informitive.

The problem I'm having is that while driving on the HWY and doing about 120km/h to 140km/h my transimission seems to kick out and feel like its in neutral. After allowing it to drop to about 80km/h it runs okay and then just revs like its in neutral position.

The Jeep I have is a 92' Cherokee sport 4.0 HO and its an automatic transmission.

Been having these problems since I got the engine rebuilt. At first I thought the transmission went so I replaced it with a used one from the scrap yard. Worked fine for some time and started acting up again.

Any suggestions???

Re: Are wheel caps needed?

Change the transmission filters and put in some new fluid. May try a deep pan. Does it doing going up hill or only on flat ground?

Could also be the Governor pressure switch and/or the Governor sensor. Requires dropping the transmission pan to replace.

RE: faulty clutch slave

thanks for the response guys....

I'm gonna change my fluid and filters this weekend. But there is another question im concerned with.

my check engine light comes on as well......

and there are times especially in the winter when my spedometer doesnt work - majority of the time when on 4wd Hi

What im basically asking is that - could it be my speed sensor that could be causing this issue?

RE: 90 Stock tran

Could be the speed sensor as the TCU uses the speed sensor input also.

Back