Lifting a zj (AGAIN)

suthrn98

Ok fellas, I am probably going to keep this thing... Its a 94 Zj, Laredo with the V-8. I have the 1.75 inch budget boost on her now. I am about to throw on some 31x10.50s on some 8 inch black wagon wheels. Could I put all four of these lift spacers I have up front, and throw in some 3 inch springs in the rear and gimme about a 3 inch lift? or would this not be a good idea? I want more lift, for when I do go off roading, the tires won't rub on anything. I don't do any serious off roading, just some trailed and maybe some washouts back to some of my fave fishing spots. I need to least expensive way to throw about 3 inches of lift on her.....

RE: Jeep Trailor???

i'd say no. doesnt sound like a good idea to me. i run 2" (1.75") spacers on my zj with 31x10.5's on 15x8 cragers with 3.75" BS (i think...) and i dont really rub off road. the rear actually tucks in very nicely. i had to do minor trimming on the bottom plastic of the front bumper, and basically gutted the front wheel wells, but other than that its good. so for the 31s, no need to go bigger. but there's always the desire.

my suggestion if you want 3" is to buy 3" springs. or if you can get lucky and find a set of springs from an up country edition zj, that should give you about another inch above the spacers. currently i'm piecing together some odds and ends to add 3.5" springs with my spacers. just need a front track bar and rear lowers and i can put it in.

i just say if you want to go bigger, do it right. when you start getting up that high, thats when stuff starts to happen or go wrong. you get vibes, blah blah blah all that good stuff. its probably in your best interest to get a solid lift in there if you go bigger than the traditional bb. just MHO.

Well after scanning through some old threads I am probably going to run the same wheels you have.... I think from quadratec. The black soft series in a 15x8. I have looked at the new super swamper trxs mud terrain tires... I looked at your other site with all the pics of your truck and that pretty much the look I am going for...

I wish my wife hadn't got my damn XJ in the divorce..... It was nice as hell, 5.5 long arm kit, 2 inch spacers and AAL with 33's, never had a problem anywhere I wanted to go....

Back