In need of manual...for 1988 cherokee

daveb

Hi guys

My jeep still wont start, whats new, right. Today went to buy new (ecu.)computer. Kid said "might be wasting your time and money"and said i should check and replace the fuel pump relay switch..first

The small (BIG) problem i have , i dont know where it is..I dont have an original Jeep Manual..just have my hyanes book , that only shows one in a wiring diagram. if any of you know ,would be great ... 1988 cherokee 4.0 in-line 6cy. at.

thanks Daveb
image-missing.png
[addsig]

there was a guy who just did the pump and relay on his '96 XJ... you should be able to flip through the recent posts in this forum to find his threads. if not, his email is:

RSCHAEFFER1@houston.rr.com

drop him a line, he seemed real friendly and such. [addsig]

The fuel pump relay is in the group of 4 blue relays behind the battery. From front to back the relays are [A/C Clutch Relay], [B+ Latch relay], [Fuel Pump Relay], and [O2 sensor heater relay]. Try swaping the fuel pump and A/C clutch relays first before buying a new one. I don't know about the owner's manual, but if you want a service manual you have to buy an '87 model year book, Chrysler didn't publish one for the '88 model year. Good Luck[addsig]

Thanks for the replys, i swaped those relays around before, cleaned them top and bottom, bought a new one today, 11 bucks at napa, i ll try swapping the new one around. any other ideas ? let me know..

Thanks daveb[addsig]

Was having numerous electrical problems with the wifes 87, finally looked under the drivers side carpet and found a half dozen wires frayed and showing copper. Don´t know if this is related to your problem or not, but it´s worth a look just be be on the safe side.[addsig]

Don't bug out jeeps are simple You know you don,t have fuel?

carefully push the shrader valve on the fuel rail it looks like a tire valve, If you got fuel Check for spark have someone cranks ignition and carefully with insulated plyers pull

a plug wireand hold it near plug No spark Crank Sensors are notorious for crapping out

simple test= locate sesor on top of drivers side trans bellhousing follow wire to plug unplug wait a minute and replug I she starts odds are the sensor is no good, $30-$40 part from dealer
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back