Mobile 1 oil for engine and automatic trans.

jeep_lover

Hi guys,

i plan to use Mobile 1 15w-50 oil in my cherokee 4.0L, is it suitable for it?

and how many Km before i change it?.

Also there is another type of that oil for the automatic trans. did anyone use it?

Thanx[addsig]

Been using mobile 1 since it first came out, I don´t have much experience with the other synthetics. Mobile 1 has come down a little in quality over the years, but is still superior to regular motor oils. It doesn´t thicken up much in cold weather, it keeps the inside of the motor relatively clean and greatly reduces wear. Also helps to keep the oil temp. down some. I do alot of high speed driving and always install a oil temp gauge, oil temp. goes up before water temp. and is a good indicator to back off of the gas a bit. If you ever have to take the motor apart for repair, you´ll be thankful you have used a synthetic oil, there isn´t much cleaning to do before reassembly. I usually wait for a sale and buy four cases, it´s not so expensive this way. The bad side is it is said to occasionally cause premature wear on some seals and gaskets. I´ve never noticed any excessive increase in leaks, maybe it´s just a tale. As far as using a synthetic oil for auto trans or limited slip diff. I´ll have to plead ignorance. But I do know synthetics arn´t recommended for anything with a wet clutch, they would probably have to have additives to decrease the superior lubricating properties of the synthetic.
image-missing.png

I usually change twice a year, spring and fall. Or when the oil looks dirty from alot of city driving, which ever comes first. Transmission, transfer once a year and diffs. every other year. Oil usually comes out looking new. Seems to work for me.[addsig]

Back