94 Grand Cherokee Died no fuel pressure

pettit5

I have a 94 Grand Cherokee with a 4.0 six cylinder. No previous problems. I was just taking a Sunday Drive down the road and phuttt! It just died. I have spark, the distributor rotor spins, and it's got compression. I Can't hear the fuel pump prime. It's got juice and the fuse is good. I tried swapping relays. It has no pressure at the fuel rail schraeder valve. I even tried jumping the relay output terminal to the 12 volt input terminal ( with a fused jumper wire). Still no go. The wiring appears to be intact. It doesn't see much off road use anymore (can't buy motors and trannies while saving for the kids college). Is there any thing I may have overlooked before sinking $275 into a new pump/module and some beer before dropping the tank. Oh what fun that is to do.
Scott

I put a fuel pump in a blazer 2 summers ago, we saved a ton of money by ordering just the motor itelf, not the whole unit. took an extra 15 minutes to disassemble the whole pump and replace what actually failed.

Another thing to check is at the fuel filter, just above the rear left wheel up on the inside of the frame rail, if that's clogged, you'll have no pressure up front. they cost like 12 bucks.

Back