juice box for the 4.0L fuel injected motor

kbest

I'm thinking of using the same concept of the juice box on a 258 to the 242 I6 on my 89 jeep cherokee. The motor is fuel injected but is slow to start and at higher speeds runs a little rough also the idle is a little lacking. So I got the bright idea of using a larger distributor, new rotor button, wires and plugs like the juice box. I'm hoping it will work on the same concept and suggestions or advice before I do it.

I've done the TFI or juice box upgrade on several cj/yj 258s (see the write up here), and I think the main reason that you would want to use a larger cap and rotor (on the 258) is that the cap the factory used was too small, and caused problems. Your Cherokee probably doesn't have this problem as it uses a different distributor.

The juice box gets most of it's power from the new plug wires and coil. I would recommend that before you spend the time trying to discover new parts that fit, you get a new set of wires and a coil from someone like Accel or MSD.

------------------
Terry Mason:

'85 CJ-7 - 33s, total of 4.5" lift, TFI ignition, plus more. Click here to see it

check the crank sensor- when the gap gets wide on these the crank time is real long. Jeep has updated the part

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]Originally posted by kbest:
I'm thinking of using the same concept of the juice box on a 258 to the 242 I6 on my 89 jeep cherokee. The motor is fuel injected but is slow to start and at higher speeds runs a little rough also the idle is a little lacking. So I got the bright idea of using a larger distributor, new rotor button, wires and plugs like the juice box. I'm hoping it will work on the same concept and suggestions or advice before I do it.</font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Back