throttle body spacers

blown XJ

i thinking about buying the Rusty's offroad throttle body spacer its an one inch spacer claims 10 hp at the wheels and 1 to 2 mpg improvement is it worth the 60 dollars??

I know I bought my Air Raid spacer from autozone about 4 years ago and payed only like 30 bucks but yes you do get the extra mpg, the hp claim not sure how accurate I know I got better passing gear respone on the interstate. I also went with a k&n airfilter at the same time. that was on my wj.

i thinking about buying the Rusty's offroad throttle body spacer its an one inch spacer claims 10 hp at the wheels and 1 to 2 mpg improvement is it worth the 60 dollars??

Not a chance in the world you'll get 10rwhp out of a throttle body spacer. I'd say you'll get 2-4hp tops. If you've got a 98 or lower log style intake manfiold you'd be better off upgrading to a 99+ to get the added plenum size. If you combine a throttle body spacer with a bored throttle body you'll get close to 10hp, but at the engine not the wheels.

A throddle body spacer lifts the thoddle body up allowing the fuel/air mixture longer to atomize (mix) before entering the combusion chamber. Some claim to swirl the air to get a better mixture. but 10HP! nope.

I put a TBS from Rusty's (see the pic below...) on my 2000 XJ. I also put the intake kit from them as well thatcomes with the K&N filter on. I think that I MAY have gotten an extra 2 mpg out of it. What I did notice though, is that the gas pedal is quite a bit touchier now. It has a little more raw power under the hood than before. I know I got a little worse gas mileage at first because I kept stepping on it to hear the air filter and intake hiss and whistle away. I would say that it is worth doing it, but don't expect to see a big change in you mpg.

I don't know what the going rate for a TB spacer is but you've got a better chance being a midget in the NBA than you do getting 10 hp from any spacer on the market.

Many people claim an improvement, but don't expect big things from any small mod like that.

"I put a TBS from Rusty's (see the pic below...) on my 2000 XJ. I also put the intake kit from them as well thatcomes with the K&N filter on. I think that I MAY have gotten an extra 2 mpg out of it. What I did notice though, is that the gas pedal is quite a bit touchier now"

my experience with the ROR intake and spacer was IDENTICAL....

a consisten 1.5-2mpg increase in mileage on both mild-city and highway driving.
and also seemed a bit more responsive down low.

i'm pretty sure it's a combination of the 2 mids...intake and spacer....but it worked for us.

i reccomend it, especially since it's simple and inexpensive.

Back