wander

lippy

got a 98 zj 5.5 rustys long arm. got aligned they say that all long arm kits wander. is this true? Its not bad is there something else I can do to help this? double steering stabilizer?????? any help ????

Check your track bar, it needs to be parallel with the axle.
And No, none of the long arm kits should wander, neither should a short arm. its also known as bump steer.

well after going in garage to look. I see that they did'nt even set the castor.I guess thats my job. I adjusted a little and its almost perfect a little more and it should be perfect. anybody ever here of an alignment that they dont adjust caster??????????????????????????

Last edited:
well after adjusting caster its perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was way off. glad its done and I can drive it with out white knuckling it. so much nicer!!!!

You need to go back to that alignment shop and have a few words with them! Smack'em around awhile until they refund at least some of your money! Then report them to the BBB, so that others won't end up in the same situation as you. What they are doing is basically fraud, and they could be held liable if someone were in an accident because of their shoddy work.

thats what I was thinking. the best part is they have been screwing for over 30 years. and there are two 4x4 shops that use them. thats how I got there number. I give up on paying anyone to work on my stuff all they do is screw ya. I will be calling them on monday to see what they say. after that bbb.

Back