running hot

ruhroh

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee RHD I bought the Jeep in November 2005 I deliver mail with it, about 6 months ago I had to replace the radiator ( special raditor because it's RHD), now Jeep runs hot have replaced thermostat twice it runs at 210 then fan kicks on but when I start it with the fan running the truck bogs down and I have to wait a few minutes for it to gather it self after that it runs fine again till it starts all over again, mechanic said it's because I'm stop and go and it's not getting air to cool itself but it didn't do it before...HELP!!!!

210 is the correct temp for the Jeep to run. What do you mean it bogs down? I would get a second opinion (a different mechanic). There are two fans, 1 mechanical (attached to the engine) and one electric (has it's own motor). The electric one will come on at a certain temp, the mechanical one runs all the time. Maybe the mechanical fan is bad? It is supposed to have some resistance, if it spins easily by hand (with the engine off), it may be bad. It should have pretty good resistance when you try and spin it. If it's bogging down, I would look at fuel delivery myself.

Back