Liberty A/C

WENDYANDGARY

We have had out 2002 Liberty in the dlr 6 times in the last 2 months for the A/C. It started intermittently not working so visit 1 they could not find the concern. Visit 2 they put freeon in it. Visit 3 they said it was the evaporator so they put on a new evaporator. Visit 4 they said the lines were leaking so they replaced them. Visit 5 they said it was the condenser so they replaced it. they have run die thru it and nothing is showing up. they called the tech line and they said they have no clue. now they are getting someone from another one of their dlrs to come look at it for a new perspective. Any thoughts on the issue? Luckily we have not have to pay for all of these repairs. After about the third visit they knew were were stressed and I had left a message for the Owner/ Manager of the dlr and they picked up the tab for the following repairs.
I can use any input I can get. we have been without the vehicle for almost 2 months now because they keep it for a week almost every time they have it due to parts having to be ordered.

I am not sure on a liberty but my 01 TJ had the same issue, intermittent working. There is high pressure switch on top of the oil separator/dryer that had a faulty connection. Some days it was connected other it wasn't. The intermittently working thing should have told the dealer that it was electrical not liquid/gas movement.

Thanks for your response. I Guess i forgot to mention that they also changed the clutch on the a/c and before they did that they checked the switch there was nothing wrong with it at that point, but it was changed when they changed the lines. I just called the dlr and mentioned that to the svs mgr and he told me if i find any more info anywhere to let him know and he will be glad to check into it.

i'd guess a controll head. When it's not working you gotta check with a test light to see if there is power at the switch on the compressor, if there aint no power, it's the controll head.

Just from working at a dealer, I know it don't take a week to get a part that needs to be ordered. I know for fact that A/C parts are in-stock at major wearhouses, which arrive to ALL dealers overnight. On the other hand 800-Chrysler.

Back