Electrical Problem 1999 Cherokee

O2Hammer1

I have a interesting electrical problem, every now and then when I use my left directional (only the left side) it triggers some kind of short/bypass where my hazard lights also come on but they are kind of faint. And when it’s in the garage It don’t happen. I originally though it might be the converter for the trailer so I tossed it. Needless to say it was not the answer (off to pep boys to buy a new one). Then I though maybe when it rains something was getting wet so I traced any exposed wires to check for a cut or damage to no avail. Anyone ever have this happen to them? I talk to a few guys and one guy said if the wrong type of bulb was installed it could do that so I pulled all the bulbs and replaced them, on my way home I get pulled over by the cops just to let me know I don't have to use my 4 ways to make a left turn :rolleyes: Can anyone/someone help me with this problem (maybe you just stayed at the Holiday Inn :D ) or a schematic of the tail lights.

OK since you own that special year...97-01 we all face that problem wranglers and Cherokee's. Your turn signal relay is an all in one design with your hazards. Call your local Mopar to get a new relay about 40$ and when you get home turn your right blinker on and look under the dash to find the clicking noise (blinker part working) and replace it. Since the blinker/hazard flasher is an all in one relay you get one or two different type of problems when it goes out, one that you mentioned and the other is that the interier lights (dash) will flash and the outside ones will not or visa versa.

I figured it might be a something like that but I never duplicated it when it was in the garage. Thanks alot for the info Utah, hope to get the relay tomorrow or by the weekend. funny thing, I searched the site and found nothing even close to a match on this :?|. is there a common problems sticky/thread anywhere here?

Back