had few questions

89stocker

i just got my 89 cherokee but it gets hot the secondary fan isnt coming on at all i read on here in my search that if u turn on the ac it will come on no matter what but i tried that turns out nothing in the middle of the dash works heater,ac,radio this is my first jeep what could cause all that i do have guages and dash lights by the speedo like the brake ,oil but when i bought it the heat idiot light never came on got home it was smokin hot coolant level is good i also have another question wheres a good place to get an aluminum valve cover for my 89 4.0

m90pz4-2.jpg

The valve cover is aluminum on most Pre 91's isn't it? Strip the paint off, polish it and cover with clear coat.

I'm not that familiar with '89 cherokee, but the electric fan has to have a fuse and a relay and i think it is turned on by the computer. The dash problem could be fuses,but several of them blowing at once seems unlikely, i would also check the connector somewhere near the firewall. The overheating might be a bad thermostat or the fan clutch on the main fan, if it has one, and i think it should. I don't think that the secondary fan would cause overheating during normal driving conditions with the a/c off. hope this helps, john

ok so i figured some of it out the radio doesnt work because the guy who had this thing before me was a complete retard he had an aftermarket stereo and looks like he has a butt conector on every wire under the dash but not connected to anything right but on the bright side the a/c and heat he just had the harness unpluged from the back
im going to change the thermostat today thanks for the help guys

is there a good website to get an aftermarket valvecover

Throw a jumper wire in place of the fan relay on the pass. side fender and see if the fan comes on.

Back