What the...???

Ozinftwayne

I have this thing on the overhead console of my 95 Grand Cherokee. I dont know what it is. The guy at the parts counter at the Jeep Dealership didnt know either. (but then he looked like he didnt know what day it is) Does anyone here know?. It is about an inch in diameter and appears to be black glass or plastic.

Attachments

• Image039.jpg
    Image039.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 217

Its called an Intrusion sensor. it's a part of the security system.

Are you positive this is what it is?.,, I had someone tell me it was the sensor for the automatic headlight thing and someone else said it was the receiver for the keyless entry (which I dont have a transmitter for) So now I'm confused again.. doesnt take much does it?

The little Dome on the center of your Dashboard under the windshield is Both the autoheadlamp sensor and the VTSS LED indicator. The Black Dome on the center of the Overhead console is an intrusion sensor. not all are functional when they came out of the factory. Your jeep may or may not have that as a functional equipment even though it's wired. Unfortunately, even the new Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles now has Buttons and sensors that are non functional unless it was ordered with that optional equipment. A good example is the U-Connect. you will see the button for it on the dash but will not be functional unless it was ordered with it.

I have this thing on the overhead console of my 95 Grand Cherokee. I dont know what it is. The guy at the parts counter at the Jeep Dealership didnt know either. (but then he looked like he didnt know what day it is) Does anyone here know?. It is about an inch in diameter and appears to be black glass or plastic.

on my jeep it's the thing that informs the vehicle i'm inside and need to go somewhere, and tells the engine to die.

Back