2000 xj misfire problem

JOHNBOY

:?|I am working on a 2000 xj .it registers a #5 &#6 cylinder misfire on decel. foot off the gas no brake application . new crank & cam sendor also tried swapping coil pack!HELP!!!!:?|

Is it a P0300,P0305 and P0306? does it do it mostly on cold ambient temperatures?

Swap #1 to 5, 2 to 6 sparkplugs. Retest for misfire. if it follows replace the sparkplugs.if it does't, check the circuits on the COP module connector. also check the wiring on the #5 and 6 injectors for open/exposed wires and or chafing. it could also be a map sensor issue.

Have you found an answer yet my jeep is putting P0300, P0305,P0306. I can't seem to track it down. Darn Gremlins.:x

think those were the years for heat shield recall install under injectors???? intermitten misfire, sometimes replaced injector harness....just a thought.

It has the heat shield installed. Also It gives a loud pop when the 6 injector is plugged in. Also the injectors all rate at 1.5 OHMS, coil pack has been replaced,

Last edited:

Hope it's not the bad head problem a lot of those late '99 and newer ones have been complaining about

yeah the low profile hoods really play a factor. I think its the design of the exhaust setup in these, I worked at the dealer and remeber this problem...that sucks.....hmmmm??? I would say if it does not do it all the time, take the damn hood off and see if it improves, but if it does it all the time maybe the injector is messed up or harness or even the wire might be damaged! its just a thought. good luck.

As an update it turns out the 5&6 cylinders has had an oiling issue to the camshaft and the cam went flat. Has anyone else had this happen.:scratch:

Back