Thread: Code 705

wyntyrose is offline Junior Member

Code 705

Well took the Jeep in had new exhaust put on, steering stabilizer was shot so had that replaced and the TP sesnor was replaced. Now the new codes are for transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (705 code) the mechanic said there were two Sensors the car could have and the difference in price is 170 for the common and 600 for the uncommon. So how do I know which one it is? I just want it all fixed so I can move on to more fun parts.

SteelHeadz is offline Moderator

Re: Code 705

So it's either a $170.00 Transmission range Sensor or a $600.00 TCM?..I would Check the The TRS connectors for a short, bent pins or pulled out terminals and Check the wiring for any chafing, open circuit, short to ground or short to voltage before i start replacing those expensive parts..

Will checking/cleaning/fiddling help with getting back my reverse tail lights? I swear there are days with this vehicle I want to throw in the stick.

See there, you left out a Vital symptom.. The Inop. Reverse lamp could be the reason why there's a TRS DTC.. Repairing that Isue involves testing a few circuits on the connector to the TRS.. check the connectors first and wires, wiggle the connectors while someone watches the rev. lamps..Make sure that the engine is not running, ignition is in the on position and gear in reverse..

Sorry just found out this morning the lights weren't working. And now the engine light is off. Oh well it will be warmer tomorrow so dh and I will be playing under the hood to figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntyrose View Post
    Sorry just found out this morning the lights weren't working. And now the engine light is off. Oh well it will be warmer tomorrow so dh and I will be playing under the hood to figure it all out.
    Let me know if you need help with the wiring diagram, color codes and test procedures.

Kiru458 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyntyrose View Post
    Well took the Jeep in had new exhaust put on, steering stabilizer was shot so had that replaced and the TP sesnor was replaced. Now the new codes are for transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (705 code) the mechanic said there were two Sensors the car could have and the difference in price is 170 for the common and 600 for the uncommon. So how do I know which one it is? I just want it all fixed so I can move on to more fun parts.
    Did you get any help I am having that problem with my 03 Towncar and i replace the sensor if you have any info please let me know..
    Thanx