O2 Cheroke laredo 4x4 evap leak

Manzella444

I got ym check engine light on due to an evap leak id ont know where the hell its coming from i changed my gas cap can anyone give me a step by step on where the hell this hose might be or where ever its coming from? thanks alot

-Matt

I figured it was trick question.. anyways,let me do some digging on the Evap. sytem you have and i'll give you some tips on what to check.

thanks a lot man i dont no much about cars but im a pretty good mechanic if u can just give me like a basic "how too" ill be able to make do....thanks again man really appreciate it

The Evap.system is not very complicated. It consist of An Evap. Canister, Leak detection pump, Purge solenoid, Vac. lines and a Fuel cap that you've just replaced.. If the Problem is a Leak, the easiest place to start is under the hood by the Brake master cylinder area on the fender well. The component your looking for is whats called a Purge Solenoid. See Fig.1. The solenoid will have multiple vac. lines connected to it. There are several splices of rubber hoses to a molded plastic lines. Check all the lines for minute cracks. Pay close attention to the rubber sections of the lines as you check them. The Evap. system can detect vac. leaks up to 0.020Hg of vac.. If the rubber splices have small cracks around them , you can replace it with the same size hose from a local parts store thats marked emmisions on the hose. Cut to size.. follow the vac. lines and check it as you go on. once you get to the line thats routed under the veh. this is where its going to get a little more difficult to check. The Leak Detection pump solenoid and canister is behind the fender on the left rear . let me know what you find on your end first from what i've given you to check.

Attachments

• Purge solenoid WJ 02.gif
    Purge solenoid WJ 02.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 35,480
i had the same thing on 02 grand cherekee limited. the evap was moved on 02 to the rear fender. left side. remove rear bumber.

Back