Newbie intro and question

laughing boy

:lol: hi everyone out there, just found this site looked great so registered straight away.
my names phil, am a LGV1 driver usualy night trunking refrigerated work all over UK. looking for some info, but a bit about my jeep experience.
bought my first jeep 6mths ago a 1997 red GJ Cherokee Ltd Ed cracking condition. wife went for a drive and commandeered it so managed to buy 1998 purple GJ Cherokee with LPG, great but not such good condition. Just completed LPG (Agis system) installation on red one (Mrs even happier now) after doing intallation course with 4-Tech in Cambs'.
Have changed back axles on both with help of my best mate and now want to make a good spare axle out of the 2 taken off.
My question is:- where can i source a torque spline spanner to remove the bolt from the planetary gear shaft in order to remove the half shafts and diff??
thanks in anticipation of reply Phil

First :welcome: to Jeepz!

Second there are some great, knowledgeable people on this site that should be along that can answer your questions.. (I'm not one of them :), I just hang around and try to learn!!!)

ZG? Export GC? I'm not quite sure i understood the question but i'll give it a shot. Here are 3 of many other special tools that's used on the rear axles. do you see the one your looking for?

Attachments

• Holder Yoke 6719.gif
    Holder Yoke 6719.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Wrench C-3281.gif
    Wrench C-3281.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Wrench DD1241-JD.gif
    Wrench DD1241-JD.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 304
:lol: first, thanks for the replies, sorry you didn't understand me :redface:. In the Chiltern Manual :section 7-21 fig 67. It is the box wrench/spanner which loosens the pinion gear mate shaft lock screw. Hope this explains??
thanks all
Phil

:lol: first, thanks for the replies, sorry you didn't understand me :redface:. In the Chilton Manual :section 7-21 fig 67. It is the box wrench/spanner which loosens the pinion gear mate shaft lock screw. Hope this explains??
thanks all
Phil
[quote, :shades: Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay awhile and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.=laughing boy;200418]

I don't have a Chiltons Manual. My head is stuck on the Pinion removal.:???:

Attachments

• Pinion gear tool 98 GC.gif
    Pinion gear tool 98 GC.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 237
Back