1994 grand cherokee drivetrain question

tyler10017

i just bought a 94 grand cherokee 5.2 4x4 but i dont get it till next week.... does this jeep sit on springs all around? is the front a straight axel? if you could give me some good info that would be awesome. also your personal opinions if you own one and what you recommend for some upgrades! thanks:D

Yes, it is on coil springs all around and has a straight axle in front. Depending on what you want to end up with, there are lots of options. I own a 95 and a 2000 Grand Cherokee. Both are on stock suspension and these things are wicked on the trail. On my 95 I went up to 30x9.5 tires (the biggest you can do without rubbing on stock suspension) and made some sway bar disconnects (hitch pins and clips replacing the lower sway bar bolts). The sway bar disconnects took the front end from 7" of drop (measured from top of tire to bottom of fender cut out) to over 12". I'd recommend the disconnects as a quick & easy mod (costs less than $10 at home depot for the parts). Try that out and see what you think.

my buddy has a pair of king coil overs for the front that he offered to me for a good price. what other modifications will i need to do to accommodate these? i was thinking of pre-running the front and just throwing some slightly bigger springs on the rear? do you know the stock axel size for the jeep ('94, 5.2, v8, 4x4, laredo) thanks for your opinion, im new with jeeps so i needall the feedback i can get.

I know anything over 3" and you'll need longer control arms. I've installed a 2" lift before and it was a piece of cake. The axle can vary depending on how the Jeep was ordered. I only know the ones with the 4.0L engine. The 5.2 is foreign to me.

do you know the stock axel size for the jeep ('94, 5.2, v8, 4x4, laredo) thanks for your opinion, im new with jeeps so i needall the feedback i can get.
D30 front axle, rear axle is either a D35 or a D44a if it was available that year. Neither axle will hold up to much v8 abuse offroad.

Back