2000 to 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee window will not go up.

rspi

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larendo.

:shock: Yesterday we pulled into a parking lot, closed the passenger door and watched the window go down all by itself. Drove home with the window down in 100 degree heat and decided to fix it the next day.

The problem was that the upper window track cable pulled through the plastic track guide. You can send me a message for the instructins on what I did to solve the problem. I have photo instructions.

Hope this helps someone.

The only repair for that is to replace the regulator.

You may be able to fix this but it will DO IT AGAIN. I had my drivers door break and I fixed it but a plastic tab broke that I could not buy. I bought a bew replacement from NAPA for like 200 bucks. It has more metal then the OEM one.

:shock: Yesterday we pulled into a parking lot, closed the passenger door and watched the window go down all by itself. Drove home with the window down in 100 degree heat and decided to fix it the next day.

The problem was that the upper window track cable pulled through the plastic track guide. You can send me a message for the instructins on what I did to solve the problem. I have photo instructions.

Hope this helps someone.
It would be very helpful to have the photos or video you mentioned.

Hope this helps someone.

The same thing happened to me while I was driving to Los Angeles last weekend. Could you send the instructions so I can fix my window too.

Mahalo!

The same thing happened to me while I was driving to Los Angeles last weekend. Could you send the instructions so I can fix my window too.

Mahalo!

Hi there, I just got the same problem - can you also send me your instructions to fix it please?
Thank you so much!

Back