88 Jeep 4x4 automatic 4.0 6 cylinder (TPS)

Jewel

Hello,

I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee automatic 4.0 6 cylinder. I have had now going on forever . . .

I just bought a new throttle position sensor I know there is an adjustment on it though it be slight.

I have been fiddling with it. I need the RPMS to go down. What I cannot figure out is which way to adjust it. If I move the top slightly what does that do and/or if I move the bottom slightly what does that do.

At one point I had the RPMs down enough to be satisfied . . . then I moved it and the RPMs run now about 1200. I would like it to run about 800. Is there anyone that can help me. This is an old problem that I actually fixed at one time, however, I did not write down what I did to fix it.

Peace, Jewel

The TPS must be installed so that it can be rotated a few degrees. (If the sensor will not rotate, install the sensor with the throttle shaft on the other side of the socket tangs). The TPS will be under slight tension when rotated. If i remember correctly, counter clockwise will lower the RPM and clockwise increases.

Back